BowlingBliss

BowlingBliss

Saturday, January 5, 2013

December 17, 2012 = Seven Years of Happy

Daniel and I celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary on December 17th.  It's our annual tradition (with the exception of last year) to take a weekend trip to celebrate.  So, we left Bentley in the capable hands of grandparents and headed south to Point Clear, Alabama.  (This was our first time leaving him for two nights...we made it through.)  We stayed at The Grand Hotel, where we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.  We had tea/coffee and cookies at 4:00 each day, saw the cannon fire, and played croquet, ping pong, and horseshoes on the resort lawn.  It was such a relaxing trip.  Just the two of us, no plans (other than dinner reservations one evening), and time to simply enjoy one another's company.  We ate, shopped, relaxed, and talked.  It was perfect! 

Before dinner on Friday night.

The hotel restaurant had an amazing gingerbread house display.  It was a replica of The Grand Hotel resort grounds.

All the windows were made of sugar and had tea lights inside.

Enjoying dinner.  Thanks Sugar!


Sometimes we feel like we just need a date.  Not just dinner out, not fun with friends, and not time apart, but a real, true date.  You know...the kind where you spend just a little extra time getting ready to make sure you look as good as you possibly can.  The kind where you shave your legs beforehand.  The kind where you have reservations for dinner because it's too special to just "wing it."  The kind where you wish that every day and every night could give you that feeling of "Wow, I really love him (or her)."  We all know we love our spouses, and we would walk through fire for them, but I firmly believe that it is important to make an effort to really "love" our spouses.  Sometimes we need to do a little extra "something" to get there.  Sometimes we need to just get away from the day to day hustle and bustle.  That's what "date night" does for us.  While I love Bentley more than I thought humanly possible, I also love my husband, and it's important for us to have time with each other to build our relationship.  Not only is it important for us, but it's important for Bentley.  He needs to know that his parents are in love, and if it takes a date night every once in a while or a weekend away once a year, then that's what we'll do. 

So, to my wonderful, spectacular, caring, loving husband...I love you!  I love you more than you know.  I love you for loving me.  I love you for loving our son.  I love you for making sure that we are all happy and taken care of.  I love you for being you!

Happy Anniversary!
XOXOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment