BowlingBliss

BowlingBliss

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Happy Father's Day!

 
Father's Day was so much fun for us this year.  Since I'm not working right now and Bentley understands and follows directions better, we were able to shop together (with him actually having say in what we bought), and we were able to do crafts and cook for the special occasion.  We did a little bit at a time so we didn't get overwhelmed before the big day.

We are leaving for Hawaii in less than a week, and Daniel will be playing golf at the Turtle Bay Golf Resort, so we thought he could use some more golf gear...thus, the golf themed Father's Day.  Enjoy the pictures!

We took some pictures for Daddy so he could have some sweet pics of his sweet boy.  I framed the D-A-D pictures, as well as one of the "I 'heart' DADDY" pics for Daniel to take to work.


We also baked cupcakes for Daddy (and all other Daddies) that came over for our Father's Day cookout.  The cupcakes turned out really cute, and Bentley loved helping me.  He mixed the batter with a whisk, mixed the homemade buttercream frosting with the mixer (a favorite in our home), and he LOVED adding the food coloring.  We added a few drops of food coloring to coconut in a zip-top baggy and Bentley did a little "shake shake shake" to make "the rough."  Some crushed up Nilla Wafer (pounded in a baggy with Bentley's hammer) made the sand trap.  We made the flagsticks from toothpicks and cardstock, and small white sprinkles made the golf balls.  Bentley was so enthralled with helping with every single step of these, so I'm glad he got to eat one before I dropped the rest of the tray on the patio and on my feet during the cookout. 



We decorated the mantle for the big day, too!
 


We made Father's Day cards for Daniel and the Granddaddies (yes, both of them).  They turned out SO cute.  Bentley absolutely loves to paint, especially when we paint his hands and feet, so this craft was a winner!

Daniel woke up to his card and everything he needs for his coffee right on hand.
 
If you notice, Bentley's handprint is the golf green on the front of the card, and his footprint is the golf club inside.  Also, we usually draw on golf balls when they are given as gifts around here, so we stayed with tradition.
Look closely, and you'll see a lawnmower on one of the golf balls...a family favorite!
 
Father's Day morning was so nice.  Since Daniel was smoking a Boston Butt for our family, we skipped church (sorry) and stayed home to cook, play, and enjoy being able to be together without any other distractions.  As soon as Bentley woke up, it was time for presents!

Before and After...
Bentley helped open present Sunday morning, and enjoyed Daddy time before bed on Sunday night.  Such a good day!
 We welcomed everyone to the cookout with a bit of sidewalk chalk...

The picture to right is of Daniel's golf outfit we got him for Hawaii.

Of course, I somehow managed not to get pictures of all the Dads in attendance, but I did get the kids playing...


It was a wonderful day to celebrate fathers. 

~To My Dad~
Buddy,

I love you!  You stepped up to be my dad when you really didn't have to.  I can't imagine a better Daddy or Granddaddy! 

XOXOXO,
Niki


~To My Husband~
Daniel,

You are a better Daddy than I could have ever imagined.  I never dreamed I could love you more than I did years ago, but seeing you with Bentley each day brings more joy to my heart than I thought possible.  I am so proud to be your wife and so proud to call you my husband.  I love you, love you, love you, and I cannot wait to spend the rest of my life with you grow with you as parents. 

Love you bunches,
Niki

My Silly Boys!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment