BowlingBliss

BowlingBliss

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Happy Birthday, Baby!

April 11, 2011 was the best day of my life. 


It's the day that I met my sweet baby, my son, my precious angel, my love.  I cannot express the love I feel for him.  My heart literally hurts when I think of how much joy he brings to my life.  Daniel and I were perfectly happy before deciding to have a baby, but it's like you've always heard...I didn't know anything was missing until I had Bentley.  He just seems to fit into our lives so perfectly. 

He makes everything okay.  I can have the worst day, but he makes it okay.  I can feel so tired that I don't think I can go one more step, but he makes it okay.  I can wish I had just ten more minutes to get something done, but he makes it okay.  I can lose sleep over worry, work, or sickness, but he makes it okay.  He just makes everything okay.

For twelve months...twelve short months...Bentley has changed so much.  He has gone from a precious, tiny, helpless baby to a sweet, funny, independent big boy.  I get so excited to see him do new things each day.  He learns new skills, says new words, and shows me he loves me everyday.  I couldn't ask for more.  Here's a peek over the last twelve months.

Newborn

One Month Old


Two Months Old

Three Months Old

Four Months Old

Five Months Old

Six Months Old

Seven Months Old

Eight Months Old

Nine Months Old

Ten Months Old

Eleven Months Old

One Year Old
I am so proud of the little boy Bentley is becoming.  He is so sweet and smart.  I am amazed when I watch him everyday.  I am so thrilled to be his Mommy. 

Bentley's birthday was a busy day.  He slept in, and I had to wake him up at 7:05.  I went in his room, opened the curtains and blinds, and started singing Happy Birthday...

Happy birthday to you!


Happy birthday to you!


Happy birthday, Dear Bentley!


Happy Birthday to you!


After a change of clothes, Bentley was ready for his day.  Check out the Birthday Boy...all ready for school!

Mommy and Bentley were both ready for school!

I put a candle in his Nutrigrain bar for breakfast.  We sang Happy Birthday again!

Big Boy breakfast...Nutrigrain bar, banana, and whole milk in a cup.  WOW!  Where did my baby go?

After school, Bentley had his one year well visit at the doctor.  Good news...his ear infection is clearing up nicely...Thank Goodness!  Bentley was so good for the doctor.  He was happy to see the nurse and doctor, and he smiled and talked the whole time.  He even walked a little for Dr. Gunter...big boy!








Bentley was such a big boy...he only cried for about 30 seconds after his shots, and he got three of them, poor baby!  He was so brave.  Bentley is growing up, but not out.  He is 30.3 inches tall, which is in the 70th percentile.  While he's a tall little guy, he's not very heavy.  Bentley weighed in at 17 pounds 10 ounces, which is not even on the chart.  The doctor said he's fine, though.  He eats well; he's just tall and skinny.  She said he looks "perfect," and he is right on target for his physical development.  He stood up on the table and walked some while we were there, but crawling is still his greatest form of mobility.  The doctor asked about the words Bentley can say, and she said that his language is quite advanced, so we were pleased with that.  Overall, it was a great visit to the doctor, and we all left happy.

After leaving the doctor, we went to Spoiled Rockin' Kid's Salon for Bentley to get his first haircut.  It went...okay.  I woke Bentley up from a nap when we got there, and we had a lady that had the personality of a stick, so it didn't go as well as I expected.  Bentley would be fine for a few minutes, then he would get fussy.  In the end, though, he got his hair cut, and we got a certificate to prove it.







Here is Bentley's certificate and lock of hair from his first haircut.

Finally, after getting his hair cut, we had one more stop.  Bentley's family met him at Outback Steakhouse for a yummy dinner and cupcakes (made by Mommy).  Ironically, we sat at the same table we were sitting at when we told our family we were having a boy.  It was perfect.  Here's just a couple of pictures from that.

All dressed up in his big boy clothes.

Sitting with Nana and Granddaddy.

Bentley LOVES chocolate...just like Mommy!

Coen liked it, too!!!
 Bentley had a wonderful first birthday, and I was so happy to see him have fun.  He's growing like a weed, and learning more all the time.  Here's the latest on his likes, dislikes, and tricks he can do.

Likes (You might notice a pattern.):
  • Being outside.
  • Playing with his truck.
  • Being outside.
  • Loving his Sleepy Bunny.
  • Being outside.
  • Vacuuming.
  • Being outside.
  • Getting a bath.
  • Being outside.
  • His bedtime routine.
  • Being outside.
  • EATING!
Dislikes:
  • Diaper changes.
  • Getting cleaned up after a messy dinner.
  • Medicine.
  • Riding in the car (unless he has his Bunny and paci).
Bentley can now do lots of funny things.  He copies almost everything he hears and sees: coughing, sneezing, clapping, waving, dancing, and playing drums on anything that makes noise.  He makes funny sounds with his mouth now.  Sometimes he makes a gurgling sound in the back of his throat, he does raspberries all the time, and sticks his tongue in and out to say, "labalabalaba." 

Here's the list of words that Bentley has as of now:
  1. Mama
  2. Dada
  3. bite bite - for food
  4. bah or bite - for drink/cup
  5. light
  6. bear
  7. nunny - Sleepy Bunny
  8. ba - ball (while holding a ball)
  9. na - nose (while he touches your nose)
  10. boo/bu - book (while I read to him)
  11. hi - as he waves by only moving his fingers
  12. bye bye - as he waves by moving his whole hand from his wrist
  13. nana - banana
  14. baby - (sounds like bebe) when he sees pictures of himself
  15. Titi - Sissy (Porsche)
  16. dat - that (while pointing)
  17. ba ba - vacuum (I know that's not really a word, but that's what he calls the vacuum cleaner.)
Well, that's the latest.  Bentley is growing so much, and I can't wait to see what he learns next.  While I'm excited to see him grow, I want him to stay little forever.  Last night, before his bath, 7:34 PM rolled around.  Exactly one year since Bentley was born.  Check out the difference.

7:34 PM on April 11, 2011

7:34 PM on April 11, 2012

Cute butt shot...see his boo boo's from his shots?

As I got him ready for bed, I went through so many memories in my mind.  I thought about last summer when I got to stay home with him all day.  I thought about his first smile, his first Christmas, his first day of school, and now...his first birthday.  As I rocked Bentley last night and read his bedtime story, I cherished his sweet face looking at his book.  I tried to take in his tiny, sweet, soft, sleepy voice, as he pointed to the pictures trying to tell me about them.  I paused for a moment after I turned the light out and helped him say his bedtime prayer.  I prayed to God to keep him safe and happy, and I thanked God for giving me the gift of motherhood.  After praying, we sang his night night song:

It's time to say goodnight.
It's time to close your eyes.
Sing a song, and say a prayer,
And in the morning we'll rise.

It's time to say goodnight.
It's time to go to sleep.
I love you, and you love me,
And in your dreams I'll be.

Finally, I ended his bedtime routing on his first birthday with the Happy Birthday song.  With a tear in my eye, and a lump in my throat, I laid my baby down, knowing he won't be baby forever.


Dear Bentley,

Always know that I will love you and take care of you.  You are my pride and joy, and you make my world so happy.  I thank God for you, and I promise to raise you the best I know how.
All my love...

All my heart...

Love,
Mommy




No comments:

Post a Comment