BowlingBliss

BowlingBliss

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

7 Months Old...and Growing

Hi everybody...Bentley here!  I just thought I would update you on my latest birthday.  I turned SEVEN months old on Friday, 11/11/11.  (Pretty cool, huh?)  I was a lucky little man, too.  Since it was Veteran's Day, Mommy was off work. She got to spend the whole day with me, and we had quite a busy day.

I started the day as usual...happy as a lark, lots of playtime, and a YUMMY breakfast.

After Mommy fed me, it was time for her to have breakfast.  So, to keep me occupied, I played in my exersaucer, which I like a lot.  Do you know what I like even better?............Playing in my saucer with my "fruit thingy."  (That's what Mommy calls it.)  Mommy has given me lots of yummy snacks in my fruit thingy.  I've had frozen bananas, frozen grapes, apples, and pineapple.  I chew and suck and chew and suck until there's hardly anything left.  Mommy and Daddy have decided that I like bananas and pineapple the best.


While all this playtime and snack time was going on, Sister (Porsche) decided to cuddle in my blanket.  Mommy thought she was super cute, so she added even more cuteness with my bear 'boggin.  I don't think Sister really liked it very much, but we all thought she was adorable.



Once most of the morning passed, Mommy and I got ready to go to the doctor for me to get my second flu shot (a booster to the first shot).  Before we left, though, Mommy noticed lots of really tiny red spots all over my belly and back.  So, while at the doctor we had that checked out.  To go along with my rash, I had a snotty nose all week.  I never seemed to feel really bad, so Mommy wasn't really concerned.  As it turns out, I had a virus.  The doctor said the runny/stuffy nose paired with the rash could have been one of many viruses.  Long story short, a little hydro-cortisone cream and lotion should fix me right up in a few days.  I did get the second flu shot, which was NO FUN at all.  I was a big boy, but I still had to shed a few tears.  The only good thing about having to actually see the doctor was getting weighed.  Granted, I was weighed with my clothes on, but I have gained a lot of weight.  At 6 months old, I was 13 pounds 6 ounces (naked), and at 7 months old I was 15 pounds 6 1/2  ounces (with clothes on).  So, Mommy is estimating a good 15 pounds now.  WOW...I just keep growing!

Mommy and I had a good day (except for my shot).  We went shopping and got me a new jacket and hat.  We also cleaned downstairs and played and played and played.  We topped off the day with dinner with family.  Lots of people from Mommy's side of the family went to dinner at Top O' the River, and it was so delicious.  (That's what Mommy said.)  I was pretty handsome...take a look. :)




While Friday was fun, Saturday was SUPER fun!  Mommy just had to take some pictures of me in my very first long-johns.  She thought I was too cute for words.





I helped Mommy clean upstairs, which included one of my favorite activities...Vacuuming!!  After getting everything finished, we went to the store to get ready for our COMPANY!  Mommy's friends from college and their families came over to see me.  Let me tell you...I was in HOG HEAVEN!  I was surrounded by pretty girls.  Take a look.

Marlee...I think she got little tired.

Brinlee and Payton...such good friends.

Marlee and Porsche
Marlee walked around with a chicken finger in her hand all night...Porsche followed her everywhere.

Marlee...dancing away!

Brinlee...such a pretty girl.
Here's a group photo of the Mommies and the Babies!   First, there's Mommy and Me, then Jess and Payton, then Krista with Brinlee (top) and Marlee (in her lap).  Aren't we a cute crew.  Now you can see why I had such a good time.  A cute little boy in the middle of all those girls...What could be better?


Saturday wrapped up after everyone left for the evening, but I was ready to get up at 6:25 on Sunday morning.  I was ready for an early nap, and Mommy felt a little icky, so we skipped church. :(  I know, I know...there's no excuse.  I tried to tell Mommy that. :) (ha ha ha)

Sunday was a good day for me, too.  We went grocery shopping at Star Market late Sunday morning, so the store was deserted.  It was nice to shop without the hustle and bustle of busy people.  I am such a big boy now.   I can sit in the buggy!  Mommy and Daddy put the buggy cover on to keep me germ free, and I seem to like it a lot.  After shopping, we came home for me to eat, play, and nap. 

***Disclaimer***
I am not responsible for how dorky I look in the following photos.  I tried to tell Mommy "NO" to this outfit, but she insisted.  Mommy and Daddy called me "Grandpa" all morning when I had this outfit on.  Every time they looked at me, they giggled.  So, I decided to spit up on this outfit shortly after we got home from the grocery store. :)  (That'll show 'em.)



After lots of playtime and a good nap, it was time to apply my cream and lotion for my rash.  Mommy decided the best way to do that was to get me naked.  No complaints here!  I love nakedness!  I played naked, and I cooked naked.  Have you ever heard of the naked chef...that's me!  Check out my pictures below.



My new monkey hat.


Pancakes anyone?  Just kidding...
Overall, this was a fabulous 7 month birthday and a stupendous weekend!  My family had such a good time!

~7 Month Stats~
Likes:
  • Toys that make noise
  • The baby in the mirror (my reflection)
  • My fruit thingy
  • LOTS of baby food!  (I like oatmeal a lot more than rice cereal.  I love anything with bananas, but my favorite is Banana Plum Grape.  My favorite veggie is Organic Harvest Vegetables, and I also like Mac 'n Cheese and anything with chicken.)
  • Standing up...I can already pull myself up to standing if something is the right height for me to hold onto.  (I pulled up in my bathtub and in Daddy's swivel chair in the office.)  DANGER! DANGER!!
  • Bath time...still my favorite time of day.
  • My paci...I only get it in the car and for my evening nap.
  • My Sleepy Bunny...a must have for sleepy time.
Dislikes:
  • I'm still not a huge fan of tummy time, unless its MY idea.  Every now and then I sleep on my tummy.
  • Some veggies.  I seem to like all fruits, but Mommy sometimes has to trick me with fruit on the end of the spoon to get me to eat my veggies.
  • Getting my clothes put over my head.  (shirts and onsies)  I'm fine once they are on, but I don't like getting them on.
  • The booger sucker.  If Mommy sucks my boogers and snot out one more time...
That's about it, I suppose.  Mommy thinks I'm growing way too fast!  I can do more and more everyday!  I am sitting up all by myself, though Mommy always has the boppy behind me so I don't bump my head on the hardwood.  I want to stand up ALL the time, and can pull myself up sometimes.  I am copying some noises that Mommy makes, and we "talk" back and forth while making noises.  I am using my hands like such a big boy, too.  I know to swap hands when holding something while Mommy puts my clothes on; I wave things around to hear them make noise; I hold items with one hand and hit them with the other kind of like I'm clapping.  I just learn new things all the time.

Best of all...I am SOOOOO much fun!  Mommy and Daddy laugh a lot, and they say I'm a keeper! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment