BowlingBliss

BowlingBliss

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

WAAAAYYYYYY Behind...Sorry!

Hello everyone!  As you all must know, this time of year is CRAZY!  While we need to slow down and celebrate the true meaning of Thanksgiving and Christmas, it almost always turns into hustle, bustle, wild, and crazy times. 

Here's a few moments I've failed to post in the last month.

Bentley's 1st Thanksgiving

I had intended to get lots of photos of his 1st Thanksgiving, but I was the cook, so it didn't work out for me. :)  We cooked at my house on Wednesday before Thanksgiving and went to Daniel's grandmother's house on Thanksgiving day.  Here's the few pictures I did get of this special time that was spent with our loving families.

A delicious Thanksgiving dinner...

Yummy, Delicious, Oh-So-Good Green Beans
(with balsamic vinegar, red wine, bacon, and onion)

Daniel's smoked turkey...it's becoming famous!

Who needs toys when you have water bottles? 
Playing at Grandmother's in the floor

Happy Family on a Happy Thanksgiving Day

Decorating for Christmas

On the day after Thanksgiving, we decided to get into the holiday spirit.  The tree went up, the garland went up, Christmas towels came out, and Christmas lists were made.  Here again, I didn't get to take as many pictures because we were so involved in decorating.  Bentley loved putting up the tree.  I carried him in his pouch as we put the ornaments on, so he had a great time.  Bentley also has his own little tree that is in his room.  He was so funny about it at first.  He wanted to touch it, but he was a little afraid of it, too.  Here's a  few pictures of him and his little tree.
Hey Mommy, what's in this box?

I though you said this was a little tree for me???

I want to touch it...no, wait, it's fuzzy.  Oh, I want to touch it...I just can't!  Okay, okay...here goes!

Santa's Village...Part I and II

We went to Santa's Village on a Saturday night (dumb idea, Mommy).  The weather was perfect...chilly, but not too cold, no rain, a little windy, but it still felt Christmas-y.  We got to meet two of Santa's reindeer, see the toys being made in the toyshop, go into the sleigh bell market, and even see snow (not real snow, of course).  What was the one thing we didn't get to do...MEET Santa!!  The line was SOOOO long.  There was no way Bentley was going to be able to wait that long.  It literally was going to take HOURS to get through the line.  So, we left and decided to go back on a weeknight.  We went back as soon as they opened on a drizzly, freezing night.  We waited in line for about 15 minutes, and THEN...we got to meet the BIG GUY!  Here's our pictures from both visits.

On the sleigh...

Bentley's saying "Giddy-up!"

Hey Frosty!

Bentley and Santa.  He did so good.  Bentley was a little nervous for about 10 seconds, and then he warmed up to Santa.  We were so excited!

SOOOO Sweet!

Okay, Santa, I want a basketball goal, a rocking firetruck, a singing dog, a caterpillar book, and maybe even some clothes!!!  Can you make it happen, Big Guy?  Mommy said I'm on the NICE list!  Are you on Mommy's nice list, too?

After seeing Santa, it was playtime at home. 

Bentley loves to stand up ALL THE TIME!!


Coen Turns THREE!!!

Coen, our nephew, turned three years old on December 10th.  We spent Friday night, the 9th, at Chucky Cheese.  Bentley loved the lights and sounds, and he even liked Chucky.  Here's a few pictures we took with my phone while we were there.

Bentley loved Chucky Cheese.

He was so sweet with him.
 Coen's party was at the Sports Center in Arab, and all the kids had a blast, including Bentley. We jumped on the trampoline, played in the tunnel, and rolled around on the mats. He also had his first taste of ice cream while we were there. HE LOVED IT!
Bentley loved playing on all the equipment and mats.  His favorite was the tunnel, but Daniel and I were both playing so we couldn't take a picture...Sorry!

I think he was a little queasy from all the rocking.

Coen had SOOOO many great presents to open.

I love this excited face!

Lewis Family Christmas

Daniel's Grandmother Frances, has a huge family that always gets together at Christmastime.  This year was no different.  We had yummy snacks, family fellowship, and a great game of Dirty Santa.  Bentley's first Lewis Family Christmas was a blast.  He was so good, and the family was so glad to get to see him. 
"The Lewis Sisters"
Grandmother Frances, Aunt Faye, Aunt Eula, Aunt Mary

Granddaddy Dave with the Grandkids
Bentley, Charlie, and Ruby Cate
Well, that's the Cliff Notes for the last month.  Now you're all caught up.  There's more to come because my sweet little boy just turned 8 MONTHS OLD!!! OH MY!  I'll post as soon as I can...I promise it won't be this long.

No comments:

Post a Comment