BowlingBliss

BowlingBliss

Monday, July 2, 2012

Father's Day...Finally

Well, I have a lot of catching up to do.  Between vacation and fun days with Bentley, I have been slacking on blogging...my apologies.  I'll start where I left off. 

June 17th was Father's Day, and it was a fun day.  Beautiful weather and time with my hubby and baby were great additives to any other day.  We got up as normal...at least Daniel and I did.  Bentley decided to sleep late, so I was waiting with anticipation to give Daddy his Father's Day gifts.  Finally, Bentley got up, and Daniel went to get him out of bed.  Bentley was happy to help Daddy open his gifts.  He got new undies, a new golf shirt, and a new coffee mug from PersonalizationMall.com that had pictures of Bentley and a sweet note from him, as well.  Daniel liked all his gifts, and it was time to get ready for church.  The boys cooked cinnamon rolls together and I went to get ready. 

Church was pretty uneventful for us, as Daniel and I kept babies in the nursery.  We usually have about 10 little girls, but we only had 4 this week.  We didn't get to hear the Father's Day message due to being in the nursery, which seems to be a common occurrence for all holidays lately.  We were also assigned to the nursery on Easter and Mother's Day.  Hmmmm...when is the next Sunday holiday?  I'm pretty sure I'll be in the nursery. :)

Anyways...after church we headed to Arab for a gathering with Daniel's family.  Chicken fajitas, a baby pool, and riding toys equals SO MUCH FUN!  We enjoyed spending time with everyone, and we have some cute photos of Bentley from the day.  Enjoy!

I'm all packed up, guys...roll out!

She thinks my tractor's sexy!

Serious face...

Happy face.

That's a walkie-talkie...he thinks it's a phone.
"La la" = "Hello"

The Fortenberry Boys
Hmmm...if only I could tell who they look like...

Let's get in the pool!

No swimsuit...he's about to suck all that water up in his diaper!

Hey...this is fun!

HELP!  If you look in the bottom, right side of the pool you'll see Bentley's foot.
Yep...he was sinking!  I was only 3 feet away, so don't panic!

After his near death experience (NOT), he wanted to get out and just hang out with Daddy.

My two boys...just chillin'

Peek-a-boo behind the charcoal.  So silly!

Weed eating...just like Daddy.

So sleepy...

He could hardly keep his eyes open.
That's that.  I wish I could say how happy it makes me to see how much Bentley LOVES his Daddy.  He says "Dada" everytime he sees him in a picture.  He gives him loving every morning before he goes to work and says "Bye Bye" with the sweetest wave and smile.  He looks at me periodically throughout the day, and with a question in his voice he says "Dada?," as if to wonder when Daddy is coming home.  He simply adores him.  You can see it in his face when they are playing or when he walks in the door.  Bentley is smitten, and it melts my heart.  I know if he could, Bentley would say:

Daddy,

You are the very best Daddy in the whole wide world. You make me so happy when you let me "drive" your car and play with your golf clubs. I love it when you play my favorite songs so I can sing and dance along. I love that you know what I'm saying even when no one else does. You are so special. You are so strong. You are my hero! I love you, Daddy!

 Love,
Bentley

And from me...

Daniel,

You are a better father than I ever could have imagined. Seeing you and Bentley together reminds me of all the blessings I have. That baby loves you more than anything, and it is so special to see your relationship get stronger and stronger. I love you more each day, and I cannot wait to see how much more you two share as the Father's Days pass in years to come.

I love you,
Niki

No comments:

Post a Comment