BowlingBliss

BowlingBliss

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Oh TWO-dles!...Bentley's 2nd Birthday

I have the photos that Sean Harrison, our friend and photographer, took of Bentley's 2nd birthday party.  A lot of planning and time went into this party, but it went perfectly!  (With the exception of Bentley getting sick mid-party.)

We decided on a Mickey Mouse themed party because Bentley LOVES Mickey Mouse!

I designed and printed the invitations, as well as added a little "extra something" to make them cute.


I had the phone number and address on the actual invitaions but removed them for the blog post...you get the drift.

I made a door hanger to go on the front door as a greeting to all of Bentley's guests.  Welcome to our Clubhouse!



Menu:
    • Hot Dog, Hot Dog, Hot Diggity Dogs
    • Minnie's Muffins (cupcakes)
    • Goofy's Grapes
    • Mickie Sticks (chocolate dipped pretzel sticks)
    • Pluto's Popcorn
    • Donald & Daisy's Drinks



Daniel and I made the cupcakesl.   Chocolate cupcakes, chocolate frosting, chocolate dipped mini-oreos...can you go wrong??? White label dots and red liners finished these off well.
 
 





We (Daniel and I) worked hard on the banners for the party.  A "Happy Birthday" banner went in the window, and the "BENTLEY" banner was actually outside, but I took a picture inside for viewing purposes. :)




Finally, you might have noticed my Mickey Mouse topiaries...I LOVE these!!!  a flower pot, tissue paper, wooden dowel, ribbon, and paint can go a long way.


I made Mickey Mouse party hats for all the kids.  You'll see a better picture of them on the kids in a bit.:)


Daniel and I made the favors.  They were Mickey Mouse sugar cookies, decorated with with each child's name.  The tag said, "Oh TWO-dles!  Thanks for coming to my clubhouse! ~Bentley"

 

 
One of Bentley's favorite activities right now is playing in bounce houses, so what would be more appropriate than renting a bounce house for the party?  Nothing, if you ask me! :)

He had a blast!  If you look closely, you can see the "Meeska Mooska, Mickey Mouse" banner on the bounce house.  Hey, you've got to say the magic words to make the clubhouse appear!



Big hugs for Anna Scott from the Birthday Boy!

Ty = Fearless!

Mommy, Bentley, Callie, and Coen playing Ring Around the Rosie

Geeeez....Can these moments last FOREVER?

Really!?!?!  Who is this big boy?

Anna Scott LOVED her party hat!


Bentley...Not so much!
Nana accidentally popped him with the elastic, so this is the only picture I have of him in his party hat.

Bentley gave his hat to Karington.  They were both pleased.

Daddy and Bentley played basketball.

Bentley loved going down the slide with Callie.

A serious conversation...down on their level.

"Happy Birthday, Dear Bentley"
"YAY!!!"

Blowing out the candle that would not stay lit because of the wind.

MELT MY HEART!
This is my favorite picture of the day.

The kids enjoyed their birthday treats.

Anna Scott especially enjoyed her Mickey Stick.

Reese and Granddaddy Buddy


Time for presents!


I'm only posting this one to show you that we have the same "concerned, worried, thinking really hard" face.

He loved all of his gifts and wanted to open and play with every one...right then!

Everyone was trying to help.

Real Moms are not afraid to paint Mickey Mouse on their toes.
Note to Self...paint pen does not come off neatly!

Anna Scott finally warmed up to the bounce house, so she and Bentley went down together. 

So serious, so big...where is my baby?

Mrs. Janice and Baby Nick came to the party.  We will be going to his 1st birthday soon!

Bentley and Nanny posed for  a quick picture.

Happy Family

I must say...I love planning special events for my family, but I especially loved planning his birthday party.  I was exhausted, but I wouldn't change a thing.  I hope you enjoyed the pics.  Have a great day!




No comments:

Post a Comment