BowlingBliss

BowlingBliss

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

It's Here...Summer!

 
School is out, the weather has been beautiful, and we are soaking up each and every moment. I get to stay home with Bentley for the next couple of months, so I am enjoying it as much as I can.  I don't have a lot to write on this post, just a bunch of pictures to share from the past few busy days.

First of all, we enjoyed Payton's birthday party at Kidventure in Madison.  Payton tuned 5, and she is every bit of a little girl!



 
 

Payton and Bentley saying, "CHEESE!"

On Saturday night, friends came over for an impromptu cook-out.  Friends + Food + Funny Kids = Fun Times!  The kids had a great time playing on Bentley's newest and most exciting toy...his "big truck!"


 
 
We finally had time to work in our flower beds on Sunday.  A trip to Home Depot, time in the yard, and fun in the sprinklers made for a wonderful family filled day.



Bentley had SUCH a good time running in the sprinklers.  It is now one of his favorite pastimes.



The only thing more fun than running in the sprinklers is Mommy running in the sprinklers, too!

I'm too lazy to replant flowers in the actual beds each year, so I choose to snaz up some pots instead. :)


Petunias around the trees work nicely.

Now, for the best part of the weekend...SWIMMING!  We wondered how Bentley would do this year.  Last year he was FEARLESS!  Yes, I mean fearless to the point of jumping into the pool with no reservations (and no one there to catch him on occasion).  Well, I think we are starting where we left off.  It took him a bit to get used to the water, which is SO COLD right now.  Once he was used to the water, he was all about putting on his new "bloaty."  By the time we left the pool Sunday afternoon, he was jumping off the side, swimming with his floaty (with very little assistance) and climbing in and out of the pool using the steps and ladder with no problems at all.  My little fishy!!!











Monday was a fun day for all...Daddy got to play golf, and Mommy got to go shopping.  Nana Kay went with us to help keep Bentley occupied.  I went prepared, though.  Bridge Street has a fountain play area for kids, so I took Bentley's swimsuit and he played and played with Nana while I shopped.  So fun!







 
That's all for now.  I'll have another post with his 2-year check-up.  I'll also have another post with Mr. Man riding his truck.  Each day he gets a little better and better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment