BowlingBliss

BowlingBliss

Thursday, May 2, 2013

What makes me laugh...

I know that everyone with a toddler has a live-in comedian in the house.  The funniest part, though, is that half of what they do, they don't expect to get a laugh, but they do.

So...here goes!

Bentley and "Dannanny Buddy" watching Randall mow the grass across the street.
This morning, I couldn't sleep, so I got up a little early.  Of course, I got ready early, so I took the opportunity to get Bentley up early, too, so we could go on a breakfast date.  I got him up about 6:05, and he was still sleepy, but as soon as I said, "donuts," he was A-Okay!  We went to Papa's Daylight Donuts before school.  He had a Donut Man (and named all of the body parts as he ate them), while I had an orange donut swirl.  Our funny story happened on the way to the donut shop.  I was driving  along, and Bentley was jibber-jabbering in the backseat like always.  Here's what I usually here:

"Is the moon, Mommy?  I see it!"
"Is a digger?  I see it!"
"Is Daddy?  In a chair.  Drinkin' a toppee (coffee)."

Today I heard the usual, but he tripped me up with a new statement. 

B: "I need big toys, Mommy."
M: "You need big toys?"
B: "Uh huh."
M: "Why do you need big toys?"
B: "My's a big boy!"

That was the start of my day...made for a good one.

At Papa's Daylight Donuts...SO happy!
This boy LOVES donuts!
Then, on the way home from school, he got me again. 

Flashback to Tuesday...Bentley was whining going down the road saying, "Sittin' with Mommy.  In Mommy's lap."  I explained that I was driving and that it was dangerous to sit with Mommy on the big road.  End of conversation...

Real time, after school today...on our way home, he whined again.  "Sittin' in Mommy's lap."  I said, "You can't right now, baby.  Mommy is driving."  Here's how the rest of the conversation went:

B: "Da-gewous."
M: "Yes, it's dangerous."
B: "Mommy da-geweos."
M: "Is Mommy dangerous?"
B: "NO! Big road da-gewous."

Moral of the story...they are listening!

After dinner, Bentley was playing with all of his toys.  Lately, he likes to get the key to his Little Tikes car and pretend to lock and unlock the back door.  So, he was outside, coming in, and he started laughing...

B: "Knock! knock!"
M: "Who's there?"
B: "Bentley."
M: "Bentley who?"
B: "Bent Bowlin!"  (while he was laughing hysterically)

Maybe we have a future in stand-up.

Finally, Daniel decided to go to the driving range after dinner tonight, so Bentley and I played and played.  He asked about Daniel once and got upset when he realized Daniel had gone.  He kept bringing me my shoes (gold wedges, nonetheless), telling me "Go see Daddy, Mommy."  Shortly thereafter, Daniel got home.  I said, "You better give Daddy love.  You sure missed him."  He hugged Daniel and said, "Good game, Daddy."  SO FUNNY!

While he was in the bathtub I asked him who taught him to say, "Good game."  He told me it was Charlie, my 5-year-old nephew. 

Well, that's all I've got!  I hope that will help you get through the final workday of the week!

Here's a couple more pictures to add to the happies!

Mowing with Daddy

Blowing off the grass after mowing with Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment