BowlingBliss

BowlingBliss

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Random Post = Catching up...

Okay, I know it's been almost FOREVER since I last posted.  In my defense, school started.  That's right, I've started working again, Bentley has gone back to day care, and we are FINALLY adjusting to our new, old schedule.  This past week is the first week I've gotten home before 5:00, so I just haven't had the time or energy to post.

So, to make this quick and painless...here's the last month in a few pictures.  I promise I'll get some good pictures soon and do one of my good ol' "check out my adorable kid" posts.  Haha!

Here was Bentley on his first day back to school...my BIG boy!


Bentley enjoyed his first bowling experience.  Maybe that's an understatement...he LOVED bowling, and still asks at least a couple times a week to "play bowling."  He was so funny.  It took a couple of frames for him to understand and accept the idea of taking turns, but once he did, we were fine.  Granted, we were at the bowling alley until about 10:30 that night, which is about 2 1/2 hours past his bedtime.  Bentley, Coen, and Karington had a great time playing together, but Reese decided it was bedtime. 



We celebrated Reese's first birthday on the coldest summer day in Alabama history.  Yep, you would expect that you could always plan a pool party for August birthdays, but not so much.  We had a party BY the pool, but not really in the pool.  Of course, some of the kids don't have temperature sensors (Bentley included), so they decided to swim anyways.  Reese had a good time eating cake and opening presents.  That's what really matters!






 
Four Generations



Daniel, Bentley and I went to Opelika for one night so Daniel could play golf with a friend (Brent Boatwright) and so we could play in the hotel's super fun pool/splash pad.  Bentley LOVED it.  He loved staying in a "hotel house," loved the water activities, and loved meeting Mark, Brent's son, and getting to play with him at the restaurant.  It was a nice quick Labor Day getaway.   




Man oh man...how I love this boy...

Another fun activity was the Alabama Kick-Off Party at the Laney's.  Bentley loves playing with Anna Scott, so he was thrilled to go.  He asked for days about "Anna 'Cott's bounce house."  It was a hot but beautiful day, so we all had a great time.  Mary Catherine had some really cute Bama snacks, including a Big Al cake.  Adorable and delicious...


The picture on the left is what happened when we said, "hold hands."


The Laneys


I must say...I'm in LOVE with this picture!

 
That's all for now.  I'll try to have another post soon!  BTW...Roll Tide!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment