BowlingBliss

BowlingBliss

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Walk for Autism 2011...AMAZING!!

As you know, I have been putting plugs in for the Walk for Autism for a while now.  Today was the day!  Today was the most beautiful, perfect day for such a wonderful event.  Let me start from the beginning...I had a hard time going to sleep last night due to all my excitement for getting to go "into the real world" today.  On Monday, my doctor had given me permission to attend the Walk, so I've been looking forward to it ALL week.  I finally went to sleep after midnight, and by 5:30 this morning, I was bright eyed and bushy tailed.  All I could think about was...how warm will it be, what will I wear, who will I see, will my kiddos be there???????????  There were so many things going through my mind, and I felt like a kid on Christmas morning.  Well, everything was PERFECT!!!  I saw so many people that I haven't seen in weeks, and it was so refreshing.  The beautiful sunshine and the cool breeze was just what I needed after being cooped up in the house for weeks.  Ahhhh...today was one of those days that I dream of!

The Walk went off without a hitch!  Everyone of the volunteers that helped to make it happen needs a HUGE pat on the back.   Though I don't know a count on registration yet, it seemed that the number of participants had increased greatly.  We'll see in a day or so when all the numbers are in. 

I was originally supposed to have a lot of responsibility for the Walk by being the "chair" of the event, but due to Bentley's "showing out" I had to turn over the reigns.  Needless to say...I couldn't have done any better.  All the volunteers that took on the responsibility and prepared for the walk did an amazing job!  I had the best day, and I think everyone that went feels the same way.

To everyone that I saw today with smiling faces and words of encouragement, THANK YOU!!  I miss you all, and I can't wait to be back in the real world full time.  To my family that supported me and my cause today, thank you for taking time out of your busy lives to go with me today!

You are probably thinking...where are the pictures??  I got so carried away enjoying myself that I didn't even take any.  The experience is in my memory, and that's where it will stay for a very long time!

Enjoy the BEAUTIFUL weekend we're having!  I'll have another post tomorrow or Monday to recap my Baby Shower!  Another sleepless night is in my future...I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment