BowlingBliss

BowlingBliss

Monday, July 11, 2011

3 Months Old

Happy Three Month Birthday, Bentley!!

Good Morning Smile!!
Wow!  As I look at my baby boy, I cannot believe how fast these past three months have gone by.  In a way it seems as though it was forever ago that we brought Bentley home, but then again, it seems as though the time has flown by.  I am sitting here beside him as he sleeps so soundly, and I can't help but wonder what I ever did without him.  These brief moments of snoozing that I have each day to "get stuff done" seem to trivial right now.  I know that sometimes I can't wait for nap time so I can get a load of laundry done, start dinner, or catch up on phone calls and busy work.  Right now, though, I can't wait for him to wake up and smile at me once again.  I'm a little sentimental right now because going back to work is weighing heavy on my mind and heart.  I start back to teaching in 3 1/2 short weeks, and I am less than thrilled.  While teaching was/is my passion, motherhood has quickly taken over the top spot there.  I am trying to make every moment count, and I am trying to remember every detail of every day so not to feel so far away when I do go back to work. 

Obviously I'm having a hard time with this...can you tell?  Yesterday morning we went to church, and the unthinkable happened (not really).  Bentley has decided that sleeping through church is for the birds.  While he thoroughly enjoyed the music and standing in worship, the moment I sat down, he starting fussing (not to mention that was during some poor little boy's baptism).  I got out as quickly as I could and headed for the nursery.  Last week I spent half of the sermon walking him in the hallway, so I figure it's time to give in.  As if getting ready to leave him every day isn't hard enough, I now have to leave him at church, too!  Golly!!  When we got back to hear the sermon, I was so caught up in thinking about leaving Bentley (you know...How is he?  Is he crying?  Do they know he doesn't like to be held like a baby?  Are they playing with him?) that I didn't hear a word that Brother Jimmy said.  It must have been a really good sermon, too, because LOTS of people went to the alter at the invitation.  When Daniel and I picked him up from the nursery, he was fast asleep, and the sweet lady said, "He smiles all the time." At least I know he was happy! :)   I know all this will pass, and I never dreamed I would be this way, but HOLY MOLY, I'm a Mommy now! 

Now that I've shared my up and coming fears and issues, I took some super cute pictures of Mister Man to share.  When we got home from church, we took a few pictures of him in his church outfit.  (Thanks Nancy...it's so cute and so comfy!)

Cheese! 
 
Daddy was taking pictures, and Mommy was trying to make me smile, but I wasn't really into pictures right now.

After taking those pictures, we played a little and decided to change clothes.  Bentley likes changing clothes unless he's sleepy.  When he's wide awake and playful, changing clothes is like a game.  Here we are playing and changing!

Nakedness is SOOOO FUN!!

Mommy...that's not how I wear my shirt!  You Silly Goose!!
After changing, it was time for Tummy Time!  Bentley said, "Boooooooo!"  He's not really a big fan of tummy time, but he's doing so much better with it right now.  We used to max out at about 2 minutes, now I can get up to about 10 minutes if we're lucky.  He's doing really well...he's able to completely lift his head and turn it from side to side, and he's rolled over twice, though I'm pretty sure it was an accident.

Check it out...this big guy will be crawling in no time!

Wait a minute...he needed to take a quick break to snack on his arm...YUMMM!

You'll notice Herman the Worm sitting there beside him...I think Bentley was thinking, "I'm gonna get you!"

Take 5...it's break time from tummy time.
After all that tummy time and then a little time in his gym, Bentley was pooped.  I picked him up, got his Sleepy Bunny, and laid him in his crib.  His eyes were closed before I could close the blinds.  Luckily, he's gotten really good about going to sleep for naps and at night time.  We just lay him in his crib with his bunny, and off to Sleepy Town he goes.  (Another good thing...he's completely transitioned to one feeding per night!  Yippee!!)

Here is Bentley snuggling with his Sleepy Bunny.  He's so sweet with it, and he associates it with sleep now, which is GREAT!

In case you don't know...I HATE (yes, HATE) the pacifier, so I am super thrilled that Bentley has found his hands.  Here he is sucking his thumb as he started to wake up from his nap.
During all this playtime and picture taking, Porsche was in the middle of everything.  Here's her latest portrait.

My sweet furry baby!

After lots of play time and a bit of a lazy Sunday, it was finally bath time...Bentley's favorite thing!  He smiles as soon as we set foot into the bathroom.  Because bath time is part of his bedtime routine, it soothes him and calms him.  Warm water and a scrub down from Mommy end the day in a wonderful way!  We always end up with a very drowsy and lethargic baby.


Here's our Bama Baby wondering why I'm taking his picture rather than putting on his P.J.'s.

He's drifting off to sleep here.  "If you won't put my jammies on, I'll just sleep here!"

"Ahhh...finally, warm jammies!  I know my bottle is next!  Bring it on, Daddy!"
I love those pajamas so much that I just had to get some more pictures of him in them.  I preferred he be awake, though, so I waited until this morning.

Do you like my "Little Man" socks?

He was falling over a little here, and I think he thought it was kind of fun.

So serious...contemplating the situation.

Check it out...we match!!  (He's wearing a giraffe suit...ha ha ha)

Now that Bentley is three months old, we know him a little better.  He is really particular about some things, but I'm glad we figured him out!

Likes:
  • To be held up on your shoulder or facing outward.
  • To lay down to play.  I think he likes to be able to move his arms and legs and see everything you're doing.
  • To start his naps in his bed and finish them in the swing or on a pallet.
  • Bath time...should I say he LOVES bath time!
  • Reading...his favorite books are a touch and feel Easter Bunny book and Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?
  • Singing silly songs, especially my 5 Little Fishies song.
  • Mommy's curly hair...he was amazed by my hair when I wore it curly a couple of days ago.
  • Diaper changes, he's still getting the "Clean Butt Award!"
  • Music...his arms and legs are moving and shaking any time there's music on.
Dislikes:
  • Being held like a baby (cradled) unless he's got something in his mouth or his Sleepy Bunny.
  • Being held all the time...he wants to MOVE!
  • Being passed around all the time.  He wants to get comfy and stay in one place.
  • Waking up from naps...he wakes up happy in the morning, but he's always grumpy when he wakes up from his naps.  It takes him a  few minutes to wake up nicely.  (He's like his Mommy.)
Well, that's another month gone, and it went so fast.  Bentley is growing and learning everyday.  He is right on track for meeting his milestones, even though he's still measuring a little small.  I measured him today, and he is about 24 inches long.  That's between the 25-50th percentile.  He weighs 11 pounds, which is below the 5th percentile.  Oh well, as long as he growing, meeting milestones, and happy, I think he's doing just fine.   We don't go back to the doctor until he's 4 months old, so we'll see what they say then.  Overall, I am the happiest Mommy in the world, and I LOVE MY BABY!! :)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment