BowlingBliss

BowlingBliss

Sunday, July 3, 2011

4th of July Celebration

Okay, okay...I realize that it is only the 3rd of July, but who cares?  We've already had our get-together, so I'll post a bit early.

Daniel, Bentley, and I had a really busy weekend, starting with Saturday.  Daniel planned to smoke a Boston Butt for our cookout with the parents, so he did that (which took about 8 hours), mowed the grass, washed my car, and put up a new fan on our patio.  While he did all the outdoor stuff, I managed to clean the WHOLE house.  Since Bentley was born, I've been splitting it up into two days...upstairs and downstairs.  I was so glad to get it all done in one day.  Cleaning, paired with feeding, changing, and playing with Bentley was an ALL DAY AFFAIR. 

Bentley does not like this carrier unless I'm vacuuming, so he helped me vacuum Saturday.  You can see what it does to him...he's snoozing!

Although he was awake for a lot of cleaning, he did take a 2 1/2 hour nap in his crib.  That's a big deal, you know?  For some reason, he's become really fond of 30-40 minute naps, so the 2 hour naps have been long gone.  For him to sleep that long in his bed is an even bigger deal.  He often sleeps for about 30 minutes in his bed and wakes up only to fall back asleep in my arms, his bouncy seat, or the swing.  I'm choosing my battles, though.  He sleeps so good at night, so I'll take what I can get during the day.  During the last week, we've cut down from two feedings a night to just one.  Two nights he slept until 4:00 AM before waking up to eat!  YIPPEE!!  Last night he woke up at about 2:30, but he put himself back to sleep like such a good boy.  He then woke up at 4:20 to eat, went back to sleep, and woke up at 7:00.  Ahhhh...a lengthy period of sleep...I'm so proud of my Big Boy!! :)

Enough talk about sleep...today (Sunday) was busy.  We went to church this morning and came straight home to load up the car to head to Arab for the cookout.  Daniel grabbed the butt (the Boston Butt, that is), and we loaded up Bentley's stuff and Porsche, and off we went.  It was SO hot, but it was a beautiful day for playing outside.  The BBQ was delicious, the company was good, and we are all exhausted now.  Here's some pics of the day.

We hung out on a pallet in the shade.

Bentley was so sleepy.  My "All American Baby" was laying on a blanket made for Daniel by his great-grandmother, Ginny.

Porsche stopped for a quick picture with Mommy.

Mommy and her Little Man

Charlie enjoyed the pool and the sprinkler toys on this sweltering hot day.

Ruby Cate was on a mission to get into something...her favorite pass time.

I was about to put Bentley's feet in the water, and Porsche decided to join us.  She wanted to go swimming really bad.

Bentley liked the water...he hardly flinched when his feet hit the water.

Maybe he'll swim like a fish like his Daddy.
Overall, we had a good, productive weekend.  Bentley will be three months old next week, so keep your eyes peeled for an update.

No comments:

Post a Comment