BowlingBliss

BowlingBliss

Monday, October 24, 2011

So Handsome, So Big

Bentley turned 6 months old on October 11th, and we had his 6 month portraits done on October 16th.  As I look at the photos, I cannot believe that my little man is SO big.  While he's still a bit small, he's growing so fast.  I beg him every day to slow down.  He can do new things all the time, and while I am so excited to see him growing and developing, I just want my baby to stay my baby forever.  Check out some of his pictures. 









We went to Green Mountain Nature Trail for this photo shoot on a beautiful crisp, cool fall Sunday morning.  We couldn't have asked for better weather.  It was so nice, and Bentley seemed to enjoy being outside.  Our friend Sean Harrison, of Fine Light Photography captured these sweet pictures, and we are so grateful.  You can check out the rest of Bentley's pictures (and the rest of Sean's work) on his Fine Light Website.

I have to say...my time with Bentley seems to fly by.  I find myself trying to imagine what he will be like someday.  Will he be a nerd like me (loving math, puzzles, and anything challenging the mind) or will he be handy and machine-minded like Daniel (can fix anything and LOVES cars)?  Will he be athletic like the two of us, or will he prefer things that are more artsy like the band?  Will he be tall or short, a morning person or not, outgoing or introverted?  I simply can't imagine what my sweet baby boy will grow into.  As I read his bedtime story, Love You Forever, by Robert N. Munsch, tonight, I thought about all the stages of life that we will eventually go through with Bentley that are represented in the book.  While I don't know what each stage will bring, and I don't know who Bentley will grow to be some day, I do know one thing...

Sweet Baby Bentley,
I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always.
As long as I'm living
My baby you'll be.

If you haven't read this book before, have your tissues ready.  I had to read it a few times before I could make it through the whole thing without crying.  I still tear up every now and then as I read it.

So, from the tiny little baby that I brought home from the hospital...


 To the big boy that I am so in love with today...


I couldn't be happier.  I love my little family, and I couldn't ask for more.

I love you, Mr. Snuggles!
Love, Mommy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment