BowlingBliss

BowlingBliss

Monday, January 10, 2011

I'm Dreaming of a White Birthday!!

Well, I got my birthday wish.  Lots of snow, no school/work, and a wonderful day with my hubby and baby (Porsche).  What a day...it could not have been any better.  We woke up this morning to a beautiful winter scene and a warm home.  Ahhh...a cup of coffee in front of the fire while seeing a beautiful blanket of snow out the window...this is the life. 




Here's our front yard...completely covered!!
  




About 5 1/2 inches of snow in this spot. 
In other places there were more or less, but this is about average for the yard.
   Our cup of coffee was followed by a "Happy Birthday" from Daniel and Porsche.  I decided that I wanted pancakes, so I made pancakes with fresh strawberry and blueberry topping, and bacon.  Yummy!!  I think Daniel and Porsche liked their pancakes, too.  (Porsche loves pancake day...she gets her very own baby pancake!)

Daniel decided we should go out and check on the snow, so out we went.  I HATE being cold, so I gave a whole new meaning to "bundle up."  I had on fleece pants and lined wind pants, a t-shirt, a thermal shirt, a hooded sweatshirt, and a fleece pullover.  I topped all this off with rubber gloves under my sweater gloves, and Daniel's silly toboggan.  Let me tell you...I was hot stuff. :)  But...I was not the least bit cold.  I put Porsche in her VW tank top and her fleece sweatshirt, but she still wasn't thrilled about the snow.  





Porsche wouldn't get the snow by herself, so Daniel decided to give her a hand...or paw!
  



She is up to her chest in snow, and not excited about it at all!
  



Exit Stage Anywhere!!!
  




Aren't we lovely...snow doesn't do much for your looks, huh?
   After an unsuccessful attempt at making a snowman, we decided to go for a walk around the neighborhood, and then go inside to warm up, shower, and eat lunch.  Daniel wanted to see around town, and the major roadways had been cleared, so we drove down the parkway to check it out.  We needed a couple of things from Wal-Mart, so we stopped there.  Check our the parking lot photo. 





They scraped all the snow into piles between parking places.
These were HUGE mounds of snow!!!
  
We then drove down the parkway and over to Jones Valley.  Target was open, and there were only about 15 cars in the parking lot, so we decided to stop and shop.  Finally, we headed home, and we saw LOTS of snowmen on the way home.  We decided that if everyone else could build a snowman, so could we!!  It turns out that the snow was too powdery this morning, but after sitting out and melting just a touch it became a lot more sticky, and it was PERFECT snowman building snow.





Here's Daniel rolling the snow around to make our snowman.
  



Here's me and our snowman...he's an automotive snowman.
Lug nuts, bolts, lug caps, and a screwdriver paired with shop towels, a funnel,
and a VW symbol make for a really cool snowman.
   After making the snowman, we were snowed out, but Daniel wanted to take a quick drive around in the Audi he's borrowing while his is tuned.  Should cars go around and around in circles???  I don't know, but this one did! :)




FUN TIMES...Daniel's favorite part of the day!
   After all that, we gathered up enough snow to make snow cream and did just that.  I forgot how much I love snow cream, but I'm not the only one who enjoyed it.  I think I have a Snow Cream Fan Club. :)





Daniel enjoyed his snow cream very much!
  



Porsche enjoyed her snow cream even more!!
  



She had to snuggle up after her snow cream because she was shivering so badly.
   Overall, I couldn't have asked for a better birthday.  This is definitely one I'll remember for years to come.  We've just finished off our day with a delicious dinner of Juicy Lucy cheeseburgers (thanks to the introduction on Man vs. Food) and homemade french fries.  We are now sitting down to the BCS National Championship game.  ROLL DUCKS ROLL!!!

By the way...Daniel and I were supposed to go the doctor for a Bentley update today, but the weather caused a cancellation.  So...no Bentley news as of yet.  We'll post the update as soon as we go.  He's doing well as far as I can tell.  He's moving all the time, and I'm hungry all the time, so I guess he's growing.  Keep us in your prayers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment