BowlingBliss

BowlingBliss

Monday, March 14, 2011

32 1/2 Weeks & Doing Good

Hello All!!  Before I get to the details...here's our pics this week.

Here's Bentley and me!  We've grown even more!!

Little Man is taking up ALL the room.  He's kicking me in the ribs on a regular basis, and likes to stretch out a lot!

Good news...we went to the doctor this morning, and again, NO CHANGES!  That's a good thing.  She said she feels comfortable waiting 2 weeks to see me, now.  There is a good side and a bad side to that.

>>GOOD: That means she thinks what we're doing is working, and there's less of a need to worry.

>>BAD:  There goes my outing next week. :(  (I told her I was a little disappointed not to get my outing for the week, so she told Daniel he could drive me around next week so I could see the coming of spring.  That sounds wonderful to me!  This is my favorite time of year, and it's hard to endure it indoors.  This past weekend I went outside and sat in the sunshine for while.  That was really nice.  I told Daniel that I look really pasty today.  Usually I have a little sun by now from taking my kiddos out to recess.  I guess I'll have to take Porsche out to recess everyday.  (Ha ha ha)

As for the details of the appointment...Here they are!
Urine Test: Normal
Blood Pressure: 90/70
Weight Gain:  Another 1 1/2 pounds, so we're up to 10 pounds, overall.  WooHoo, double digits!
Bentley's Heartrate: 140 bpm
Dilation: Still 2 cm
Fetal Fibronectin Test:  Obviously, I wasn't in the 16-30% of people that go into labor within 2 weeks from the last test.  The doctor said we wouldn't repeat that test anymore.


I haven't had any more painful contractions this past week, but I had a lot of cramping Thursday and Friday.  Who knows what that was all about??  I have continued to have LOTS of my painless contractions (Braxton Hicks).  Sometimes I'll only have a few an hour, and sometimes they come every 3-5 minutes.  Go figure...they obviously don't seem to be changing my cervix, so that's all that matters.

I felt really crummy last week, but I think I'm just tired of "resting."  Friday was really rough...I've decided that I either had another bout of morning sickness (which comes and goes every now and then) or I had a 24 hour bug.  I was nauseous all day and I vomited 4 times throughout the day.  That, along with the cramping and contractions, made for a really horrible day.  I have felt much better the last couple of days, though.  I still have spells of nausea, but I've been able to cope pretty well. 

Enough of the "How do I feel" talk...I've got some cute pics of the nursery now that we have the bedding and a few more accessories.

First, here's an adorable lamp that Cyndel found at Target of all places.  It matches Bentley's room perfectly.  She told me about it the other day, and she decided to buy it yesterday so I could see it.  (It wasn't online, and it's not like I can go shopping right now.)  I love it!  So, thanks Cyndel and Russ for your hand in making his room just a little more ready since I can't do it myself right now.
Check out the stars!  That's kind of a theme we're going with, but not to the extreme.  This precious lamp brings just enough color, and it will be so cute on the nightstand once it comes in.

Now, Porsche wanted  to model Bentley's chair.  I had mentioned bringing in green and red as accent colors in Bentley's boyishly blue room, and this chair is perfect for doing just that.  I can just imagine a precious blue/red throw pillow to accent the chair.  (As soon as I'm off bedrest, that's on my to-do list.)

The chair has a really cute waffle pattern, and it is so comfy.  I'm sure Bentley and I will spend lots of time in here (especially in the middle of the night)!!

I realize Bentley isn't here yet, and he's not due until after Easter, but odds are he'll be here before then.  So, while looking at Pottery Barn Kids stuff online, I fell in love with their Easter baskets.  Since he'll reuse this basket each year, it was worth the investment.  Of course, I had to show Cyndel and now Coen has one, too.  While Bentley's is blue and green, Coen's is red blue and red. 
I can just imagine filling this basket with Easter Eggs for years to come.

This next item is what I got Daniel for Valentine's Day (the day before we went into the hospital).  We had agreed that we weren't doing gifts, but I wanted him to have something special in Bentley's room.  I think we've decided to hand this plaque above the door.  It will fit perfectly and add a sweet touch.

I think this is just precious...I can't wait to see Daddy hold his Baby Boy!
Now, here's some pics of the crib with the bedding in.  The crib is beautiful, but it doesn't showcase the bedding very well.  I think we're going to adjust the bedskirt a bit because there's a detailed blue stripe along the bottom that you can't see now.  We can adjust it a bit to be able to see all the details.  Be sure to check out the all-too-cute stars on the sheets.  I have just fallen in love with those! 


Notice the bedskirt.  When we adjust it, you'll be able to see a blue strip across the bottom.

Here's his precious quilt.  We'll have some cute newborn pictures on it, I'm sure!

See the stars??  I just love them!
Daniel decided to let Porsche try it out...she didn't seem to care too much!!  I talk to her about Bentley all the time...I sure hope some of it's sinking in!  Ha Ha!
Well, everyone, that's that.  I hope you enjoyed the sneak peek this week!  I'll keep you all updated.  We don't go back to the doctor for two weeks (unless Bentley does something unexpected), so I won't have a doctor update.  I'm sure I'll find something to blog about!  The shower is in less than three weeks now, so I'm getting REALLY excited!  I sure hope timing is in my favor for that event.

Have a great week, and keep praying!  I think it's working!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment